**Sorry for the delay! Meant to post this right away but didn’t have the camera handy to upload the picture and then life took over! 🙂 **
I put my Copps plan into action today (2/17), and although things didn’t go exactly as planned, I still made out pretty well. Everything you see below cost just $45.96.
Here are the things that didn’t work as planned and contributed to my totals being slightly higher than expected:
- Coupons for Hunt’s, Healthy Choice, Ro-Tel (Con-Agra) did not double. This is the first time ever at Copps where coupons that said “Do Not Double” actually did not double! Usually they go through anyway, but since Con-Agra was giving me $5 off my next purchase in addition to the $5 in coupons I used, I can’t complain too loudly. No coupons were doubled at all on this transaction, so my two transactions were kind of a waste of time, except that I used that $5 discount on Transaction #2 as planned.
- I added a couple extra items I needed for this weekend, which came to $6.37.
- I swapped out 2 Healthy Choice meals for 2 Kid Cuisine meals as one of my coupons didn’t match and these were $0.50 cheaper.
- Planned total was $13, actual total was $23.62, a difference of $10.62.
- I added quite a bit of produce for this weekend, as well as an extra bag of baby carrots (which are usually out of stock when priced at $1). This added up to an extra $5.55. Another extra item I needed was $1.58.
- All chicken packages were over 1lb., so after my doubled coupon, I paid $0.85 for the package I chose.
- All other sales and coupons matched, coupons doubled
- Planned total was $14, actual total was $22.34, a difference of $8.34
If you shop at Copps regularly, you probably know about the new Personal Perks program. They tell you that if you spend a certain amount in one week, you’ll earn $ off your next purchase. My Personal Perks goal for this week was $70, to get $3.50 off. According to my receipt, I spent $72.53 this week and reached my goal, even though I actually only paid $46. Loving that it totals before sales and coupons!! Overall, I saved $51.21 which is 53%. I’m always happy when that number is over 50%!